Tuesday, April 26, 2011

oh baby.

I was thinking the other day about the use of the term, "baby" in certain sexual encounters. From what I have heard from many females, while they have had men trying to coax them into things they don't really want to do, the men usually say things like "Oh, come on baby," or "it's okay baby, come on. Come on baby." That kind of thing. I think that men use this to either dehumanize the female or don't even know her name during the situation. I have heard of many situations when the male has become agressive that they use this term in place of a girl's name. The fact that I have been told this one multiple occasions from different females has led me to believe that a good portion of the time my detachment/dehumanizing theory is true. These are for the most part random sexual encounters where things start becoming less consensual and more one-sided and dangerous. the use of the term "baby," is, I am almost certain, to use a somewhat endearing term while disrespecting a female and her opposition to the situation at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment